Main menu

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Gaining karma..?

We were visiting the Shwezigon Paya (a big golden pagoda), when I spotted a fellow Earthling in distress.
Some 'tard had tied a long (2m or so) ribbon to the foot of a pigeon.

While I'm not a huge pigeon fan, generally, I don't think it's nice to mistreat them.
So, I approached the pigeon slowly, and managed to step on the ribbon and gently catch the bird. 

I untied one leg, but was having trouble with the other, as I only had one hand free.
Luckily, one of the locals came by (to see what I was doing, probably) so I asked him to help.
He untied the (obviously deliberately tied) knot, and I gently put the pigeon back on the ground.

It waddled off, hopefully feeling relieved that its freedom of movement was restored.

We didn't take photos of this - too busy worrying that it'll be ok, as it looked really lethargic..

No comments:

Post a Comment