Main menu

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Haircut in Chiang Rai

I was starting to look a bit shaggy, so it was time to find a hairdresser to trim the hedges..
Before
We were walking the streets of Chiang Rai, just looking around a bit, finding out about and booking a day tour, when we spotted that elusive creature, a hairdresser.


OK, so they aren't really that elusive - we'd seen several, and the conversation would go:
F: "Should I get a hair cut?"
N: "Hmm... you need one.."
F: "OK, maybe later. Can't be bothered to do it now."
N: "OK"

But, this time it was different - I decided to take the plunge into the slightly dark, un-air-conditioned shop, and get it over with.
During..
Almost done..

 So, after first looking at a Thai hairstyles for men magazine, and rejecting the various creative efforts therein, I found a photo of myself on my phone, which showed me in the glory days of shorter hair.

He set to work. I closed my eyes.

About 15 minutes later, he was done, and some of my my hair had been added to the mess already on his floor.

So I'm not sure if it's any good, but Naomi didn't scream in terror and flee into the streets, so I guess it's ok.

Price: 180 Baht (approx AUD 6)

After

No comments:

Post a Comment