Main menu

Monday, June 16, 2014

Different kind of pastas....

There are so many different kind of pasta in Italy. I am always very confused at the restaurant trying to remember which one's which. I always get mixed up between Tagliatelle and Tortellini (probably because they both starts with T!) Anyways, they are very different. One is a flat pasta, similar to fettuccine and the other one is a stuffed pasta, usually with meat and cheese.


So the popular ones I have seen at touristy restaurants are:
Spaghetti, Fettuccine, Lasagne, Linguine, Cannelloni, Penne, Rigatoni, Gnocchi, Ravioli and (sometimes) Pappardelle & Orecchiette.

They are all fine but when I see some weird pasta names I haven't seen before I get very excited and I have to try. And I get disappointed when a waiter brings a plate of thinner version of spaghetti or longer version of penne... To be honest, I care more about the pasta shapes than the sauce or what is in the pasta.

IMG_3521.JPG
Pasta aisles are long in Italy!
IMG_8857.JPG
Colorful pasta
And here are some end results.....(not by me, of course...)
IMG_8551.JPG
Tonnarelli cacio e pepe
(Pasta with cheese & pepper)
IMG_8821.JPG
Ravioli
(Stuffed pasta spinach and mozzarella)
IMG_8644.JPG
Gnocchi
(Tomato and basil)
IMG_8781.JPG
 Lasagna
(with grilled vegetables)
IMG_8820.JPG
Scialatielli vongole e zucchine
(clams and zucchini)
IMG_8873.JPG
Fettuccine bolognese
(meat sauce)
IMG_8976.JPG
Trofie con pesto di pistachio
(Thin twisted pasta)
Wait!! There are more delizioso looking pasta on our blog, on our 'food around the world' page!

No comments:

Post a Comment